Issued 08:00 PM ADT 17 June 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 near noon Monday with gusts to 35 in Chignecto Bay. Wind becoming southwest 35 early Monday evening with gusts to 45 in Chignecto Bay.
Rain beginning early Monday evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 June 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 June 2018 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 1015 mb located east of
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight warm front from 1003 mb low located on
a line north-south over western New Brunswick.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday warm front from 998 mb low located on a
line north-south over Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:08 PM ADT 17 June 2018 A developing low pressure system over James Bay will move eastward to
lie over Anticosti Monday evening. A warm front extending southward
from it will move over Nova Scotia Friday morning. Winds will
increase to strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the front and
will veer to strong to gale force southwesterlies behind it on
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: