Issued 10:00 AM AST 05 February 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 25 this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light early Monday morning then increasing to north 20 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to northeast 30 Monday evening.
Snow changing to rain this afternoon and ending this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 6 Monday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4352N 6447W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 5 tenths new ice along parts of the coast in the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Monday trough located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Monday approaching low 996 mb located near
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:54 AM AST 5 February 2023 A trough approaching from Quebec will move to lie over Newfoundland
by Monday morning. Strong to gale force southwesterlies are expected
ahead of the trough. Late on Monday a low approaching from the
southwest will bring gale to possibly storm force northeasterlies to
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, browns banks, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope,
southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu,
East Scotian Slope, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait and
Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore, Sable,
East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau - northern half, Cabot
Strait, Gulf - Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: