Issued 08:00 PM ADT 18 September 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 25 knots diminishing to north 15 late overnight and to light Saturday afternoon.
Showers ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 September 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1007 mb located over western East
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday low 1005 mb located over eastern
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low 1002 mb located northeast
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:54 PM ADT 18 September 2020 A low pressure system over East Scotian Slope -western half will
continue to track northeastward over the marine district tonight,
bringing gale force southwesterlies to eastern and southernmost slope
waters tonight and early Saturday morning. Moderate to strong
northerlies are expected elsewhere.
Marine interest are advised that gale warnings are in effect for West
Scotian Slope - southern half, East Scotian Slope - southeastern
half, Banquereau - southeastern half and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: