Issued 03:00 AM ADT 23 March 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 25 this morning and to northwest 15 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light this evening then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 25 Saturday evening.
A few flurries ending near noon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 03:00 AM ADT 23 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 989 mb located over eastern Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 995 mb located northeast
of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:22 AM ADT 23 March 2018 A low pressure system over Eastern Nova Scotia will move
northeastward away from the district later today. Strong to gale
force northeasterlies over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will diminish to
strong northerlies today, then increase again to strong to gale force
northeasterlies on Saturday as a ridge of high pressure builds over
Labrador. Over southern waters strong to gale force southwesterlies
will diminish to moderate to strong westerlies later today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave
Bank, West Scotian Slope-northeastern half, Sable, East Scotian
Slope, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait-northern half,
Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou-eastern half
and Anticosti-southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: