Issued 03:30 PM ADT 20 March 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 25 to 30 knots diminishing to southwesterly 20 this evening and to light late overnight. Wind becoming southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 4 near midnight.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 20 March 2023
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres subsiding to 1 or less late overnight.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 20 March 2023
Wednesday Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind light increasing to southeast 20 knots.
Friday Wind southwest 25 knots veering to northwest 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 5000N 5845W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 20 March 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 972 mb located north of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing low 982 mb located northeast
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to West Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:13 PM ADT 20 March 2023 A low pressure system north of Newfoundland will slowly move eastward
tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies will in the wake of the
system will gradually diminish from west to east overnight tonight
and Tuesday as the low moves farther east of Newfoundland.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan - northern half, Cabot Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern
half, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: