Issued 03:30 PM ADT 26 September 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeasterly 20 knots veering to southwesterly 20 late this afternoon then diminishing to west 15 this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 20 Monday afternoon.
Rain ending this evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 3:30 PM ADT 26 September 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 26 September 2021 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from New Brunswick to West
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located from Anticosti Island to
East Scotian Slope.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday departing trough located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:19 PM ADT 26 September 2021 A trough of low pressure over the western marine district will
continue to move eastward tonight to lie east of the region on
Monday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the trough will
veer to strong westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern
half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: