Issued 08:00 PM ADT 18 March 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 25 Monday morning.
A few flurries beginning Monday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending Monday evening.
Low tonight minus 9. High Monday minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 March 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4535N 5900W to 4705N 5900W to 4700N 5715W to Newfoundland near
4730N 5610W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 March 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 March 2018 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary low located northeast
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:43 PM ADT 18 March 2018 A quasi-stationary low pressure system northeast of the district will
maintain a cold and unstable flow over the region for the next few
days. Strong to gale force west to northwesterlies will persist
across the marine district throughout much of the forecast period.
Freezing spray is expected over all areas except southernmost waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half, and
Anticosti. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand
Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern
shore, Fourchu, Banquereau, and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: