Issued 03:00 AM ADT 02 April 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots this morning and to northwest 25 near noon. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 overnight and to light Monday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 15 Monday afternoon and to southwest 25 Monday evening.
Scattered showers and fog patches ending this morning.
Temperatures plus 6 falling to minus 2 this evening then rising to plus 3 Monday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 02 April 2023
Today Tonight and Monday. Seas 1 to 2 metres subsiding to 1 or less Monday morning then building to 1 to 2 Monday afternoon.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 02 April 2023
Tuesday Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon.
Wednesday Wind easterly 15 to 20 knots.
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 April 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 2 April 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 986 mb located near Anticosti Island.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 983 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 992 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low 992 mb located over Banquereau.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday building ridge located southwest of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM ADT 2 April 2023 A low pressure system near Anticosti Island will move slowly
northeastward today away from the district. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will develop in its wake. A second low pressure
system over the Gulf of Maine will pass south of Nova Scotia this
morning to lie over Banquereau this afternoon. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies south of this low will shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope - southern half, East
Scotian Slope - southern half, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot
Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Cabot Strait - northern
half, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: