Issued 08:00 PM ADT 15 August 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 early Thursday morning then becoming northerly 15 Thursday evening.
A few showers ending near noon Thursday. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening. Fog patches dissipating Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 15 August 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Labrador Sea to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM ADT 15 August 2018 At 6:00 P.M. ADT, subtropical storm Ernesto center was located near
latitude 39.0 north and longitude 45.7 west. The maximum sustained
winds were 35 knots and minimum central pressure was 1008 millibars.
Ernesto is moving northward at approximately 8 knots.
Ernesto not expected to have any impacts on the marine district and
is forecast to accelerate northeastward on Thursday.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: