Issued 03:30 PM ADT 20 March 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 15 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to northeast 15 early Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 25 to 30 early Wednesday afternoon and to northeast 35 Wednesday evening.
Snow beginning Wednesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 4 rising to plus 2 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
FundyIssued 3:30 PM ADT 20 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 20 March 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday warm front from low located southwest
of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday warm front from low located on a line
east-west over the southern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:13 PM ADT 20 March 2018 A trough of low pressure will approach the Maritimes from the
southwest on Wednesday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds
north of the trough will spread to most of the district by Thursday
morning and switch to strong to gale force southwesterly winds in its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
marine waters except for Cabot Strait and the Gulf of St. Lawrence
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: