Issued 08:00 PM ADT 22 May 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots with gusts to 30 along the coast. Wind diminishing to variable 15 Wednesday morning then increasing to northerly 15 to 20 early Wednesday evening.
Showers and fog beginning Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 May 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6015W to 5000N 6000W to
5100N 5815W to Newfoundland near 5050N 5705W. Sea ice north of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 May 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5334W to 4600N 5300W to 4545N 4630W to 4645N 4545W to 4745N
4545W to 5100N 4730W to 5300N 4815W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4939N 5757W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 8:51 PM ADT 22 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 May 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing ridge located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough from low located over the
St. Lawrence River extending westward.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New Brunswick.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low located over Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low located over Banquereau.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: