Issued 10:00 AM ADT 21 August 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 20 knots diminishing to northerly 10 to 15 this evening and to light late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
A few showers ending this afternoon. Showers beginning Wednesday evening. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4545N 4445W to 4700N 4445W to 5100N
4800W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 August 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 August 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1012 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 1010 mb located over the Avalon
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Newfoundland to New
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located north of Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low 995 mb located over southern Quebec.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: