Issued 08:00 PM ADT 16 August 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Friday morning and to light Friday evening.
A few showers ending Friday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening. Fog patches dissipating Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 16 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4530N 4515W to 4700N 4515W to 5100N
4800W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 16 August 2018 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Avalon Peninsula.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the central Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:21 PM ADT 16 August 2018 At 5:00 P.M. ADT, subtropical storm Ernesto center was located near
latitude 43.0 north and longitude 41.0 west. The maximum sustained
winds were 40 knots and minimum central pressure was 1007 millibars.
Ernesto is moving northeast at approximately 16 knots.
Ernesto is not expected to have any impacts on the marine district
and is forecast to accelerate northeastward today.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: