Issued 03:00 AM ADT 22 September 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this afternoon and to light this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 15 Saturday morning and to southwest 25 near noon Saturday.
Showers ending near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5330N 4930W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 03:00 AM ADT 22 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 22 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing low located over the eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over New England.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located from the Gulf of Maine
to Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM ADT 21 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 6:00 P.M. ADT hurricane nigel was
located near 43.7 north and 40.8 west, or about 550 nautical miles
east southeast of Cape Race Newfoundland. Maximum sustained winds
were estimated at 70 knots and the minimum central pressure was 977
MB. Nigel was moving northeast at 32 knots. Nigel will continue
accelerating northeastward tonight and Friday.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: