Issued 03:30 PM ADT 09 August 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northerly 15 this evening then veering to easterly 10 to 15 Wednesday morning.
Periods of rain and fog patches ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 9 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5247W to 5315N 4925W to 5555N 5055W to 5700N 5330W to 6020N
5800W to 6105N 5325W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 4948N 5750W to Quebec near 5038N 5931W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
FourchuIssued 3:30 PM ADT 09 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 9 August 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1008 mb located over eastern Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1010 mb located over Banquereau.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line northeast-southwest over the southern Marine District.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: