Eastern Shore - western half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 17 May 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 early Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:01 PM EDT 17 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4535N 5330W to 4515N 4900W to 4700N 4750W to 4925N
4745W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 6118W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 May 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the eastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 992 mb located over Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 995 mb located near Anticosti
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM ADT 17 May 2022 Gale force southeasterly winds will persist this evening over some
northern waters ahead of a low over Quebec.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half and
Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: