Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 May 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 Tuesday afternoon with gusts to 30 along the coast.
Fog patches forming after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeThe ice edge is outside the forecast region.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:35 PM EDT 24 May 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5508W to 4540N 5330W to 4535N 4550W to 4620N 4425W to 4730N
4405W to 5500N 4855W to 6130N 5700W to 6230N 5430W to 5710N 4700W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 5953W to Newfoundland near 4907N 5823W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern ShoreIssued 03:00 AM ADT 25 May 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 May 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today high 1032 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight high 1034 mb located east of Laurentian
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located from Quebec to Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located over the northern Gulf of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: