Issued 08:00 PM ADT 20 April 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 knots becoming northwest 15 to 20 early Saturday morning then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 early Saturday evening.
A few showers and a few flurries ending late overnight.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4535N 6040W to 4530N
5840W to 4600N 5805W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5915W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4515W to 4815N
4515W to 5100N 4715W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern ShoreIssued 8:00 PM ADT 20 April 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 20 April 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 996 mb located over southern
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low 991 mb located northeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM ADT 20 April 2018 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: