Issued 03:00 AM ADT 04 October 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to east 10 to 15 knots this evening and to east 15 to 20 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to east 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers Wednesday. Fog patches forming Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 3 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5007N 5609W to 5005N 4745W to 5200N 4745W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern ShoreIssued 03:00 AM ADT 04 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 4 October 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located south of the Marine District.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located over the southwestern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from the Great Lakes to the
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located east of the Marine
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: