Issued 03:30 PM ADT 15 June 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southerly 10 to 15 early Wednesday morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms tonight and Wednesday morning. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 15 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4950N 5547W to 5000N 5345W to 5105N 5230W to 5540N 5200W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5805W to 5850N 4840W to 5815N 4815W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5124N 5754W to Newfoundland near 5043N 5710W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern ShoreIssued 3:30 PM ADT 15 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 15 June 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from Quebec to New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line north-south
over the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today Tropical Storm Bill 1000 mb located at
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday Post-tropical Storm Bill 1008 mb
located at 47.5N 54.0W.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:14 PM ADT 15 June 2021
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: