East Scotian Slope - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 20 May 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to westerly 15 this morning then increasing to northeast 20 to 25 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to north 15 this evening and to light after midnight. Wind increasing to south 20 Saturday afternoon.
Rain ending near noon with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:49 PM EDT 19 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4541N 5338W to 4541N 4842W to 4801N 4748W to 5100N
4800W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 20 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening ridge located over the eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1003 mb located over northern Georges
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 1009 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:32 AM ADT 20 May 2022 Strong to gale force easterly to northeasterly winds will develop
today over southern maritime waters as a low pressure system crosses
the southernmost part of the district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope - northern half, and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: