East Scotian Slope - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 October 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 to 45 knots except southeast 15 to 20 over southern sections this morning. Wind becoming northeast 30 to 35 Friday morning then diminishing to northeast 25 to 30 Friday afternoon.
Rain ending Friday morning. Risk of thunderstorms this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 27 October 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5330N 5630W to 5400N 5345W to 5515N 5330W to 5800N 5700W to
6115N 5910W to 6115N 5800W to 5830N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Scotian Slope - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 28 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 October 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 982 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing low 982 mb located south of
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight approaching ridge located from Labrador
to New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:39 AM ADT 28 October 2021 An intense low pressure system south of Georges Bank will continue to
drift eastward today. Gale force easterly winds over the southern
half of the marine district will slowly dimish today and tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern
shore, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East
Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: