East Scotian Slope
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 20 April 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming westerly 25 early this morning then veering to northwest 20 this evening. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 20 Saturday morning.
Showers ending this evening. Risk of thunderstorms this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4535N 6040W to 4530N
5840W to 4600N 5805W to Newfoundland near 4735N 5915W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4530W to 4815N
4530W to 5100N 4730W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Scotian SlopeIssued 03:00 AM ADT 20 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 996 mb located near Sable Island.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday low 991 mb located over eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 20 April 2018 A low pressure system near Sable Island at forecast time will
continue to track northeastward across the marine district today
To lie over Eastern Newfoundland later tonight. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies south of the low will become strong northwesterlies
in its wake. These northwesterlies will reach gale force over
Banquereau for a brief period this afternoon.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope, Laurentian Fan and Banquereau-northern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: