East Scotian Slope
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 03 August 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 this morning and to light near midnight. Wind increasing to southeasterly 15 to 20 Wednesday morning then veering to southwest 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches Wednesday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 2 August 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Aug estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5550W to 5345N 5345W to 5515N 5330W to 5755N 5555W to
5900N 5800W to 5955N 5140W to 5840N 4650W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 3 August 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 1000 mb located over southern
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough from 998 mb low located over
Labrador to the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday weakening ridge located over the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:31 AM ADT 3 August 2021 A low pressure system passing south of Newfoundland will give strong
westerlies south of the system. These winds are expected to reach
gale force over Banquereau from issue time into early this morning.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warnings is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: