East Scotian Slope
Issued 03:00 AM AST 23 February 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 20 knots veering to northeast 10 to 15 near noon then becoming south 10 to 15 this evening. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 25 overnight except southwest 30 over southern sections. Wind becoming northwest 25 Saturday morning.
Showers ending early this morning. Showers overnight and Saturday morning. Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Saturday morning.
Temperatures minus 1 rising to plus 8 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4530N 5720W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4748N 5248W to 4715N 4830W to 5000N 4645W to 5115N 4645W to 5700N
5330W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland
near 5134N 5600W to the Labrador coast near 5154N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 23 February 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. AST today high 1042 mb located over Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday high 1027 mb located south of Laurentian
At 3:30 p.m. AST today approaching trough located over the Great
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:33 AM AST 23 February 2018 A cold northwesterly flow over eastern waters will diminish today as
an area of high pressure crosses the district.
A trough of low pressure will approach from the west tonight and then
cross the district on Saturday. Winds will increase to strong
southerlies ahead of the trough then veer to strong northwesterlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: