East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 20 April 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to east 20 this morning then becoming southwest 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 30 near midnight. Wind southwest 30 Saturday.
Periods of rain and fog banks ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4725N 4835W
to 4830N 4855W to 4920N 5115W to 5410N 5220W to 5620N 5735W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4530W to 4815N
4530W to 5100N 4730W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 26 to 50 icebergs north of the iceberg
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today weakening low 993 mb located east of Belle
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 996 mb located south of Cape Breton
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 995 mb located off the Northeast
Coast of Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:58 AM NDT 20 April 2018 A developing low pressure system south of Cape Breton Island will
track across Newfoundland tonight, then stall over the Belle Isle
Bank on Saturday. Strong to gale force southwesterlies will develop
to the east of its track, becoming strong north to southwesterlies
over all waters in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: