East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NST 21 November 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 knots except south 25 over southern sections. Wind becoming northwest 25 to 35 late overnight and locally gusts to 45 along the coast Friday. Wind becoming northwest 25 Friday evening.
Rain ending Friday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening. Fog patches dissipating Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5410N 5740W to Labrador
near 5420N 5740W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5455N 5805W to 5615N
6035W to 5750N 6125W to 6020N 6415W to Labrador near 6025N 6425W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Nov estimated from Newfoundland near
5130N 5530W to 5115N 5430W to 5245N 5230W to 5530N 5400W to 6100N
5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Nov estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5152N 5605W to Newfoundland near 5134N 5555W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and southIssued 8:00 PM NST 21 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 21 November 2019 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 986 mb located south of the Avalon
By 8:00 p.m. NST Friday low 983 mb located over the northeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM NST 21 November 2019 A low pressure system south of the Avalon Peninsula will track
northeastward to lie over the Northern Grand Banks Friday afternoon.
Strong to gale force east to northeasterlies ahead of the low will
shift to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast, Northeast Coast - Cape St.
John and south, Funk Island Bank, and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: