East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday morning and to light Wednesday afternoon.
Flurries over northern sections tonight. Flurries Wednesday evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday. Seas 3 to 5 metres.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 21 March 2023
Thursday Wind northwest 25 knots.
Friday Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northeast 35.
Saturday Wind northeast 35 to 45 knots backing to northwest 35 to 45.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4647N 5257W to 4645N 5226W
to 4848N 5019W to 4959N 5053W to 5035N 5338W to 5523N 5313W to 5633N
5731W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4600N 5525W to 4515N 5000W to 4535N 4610W to 4700N
4500W to 4845N 4525W to 5835N 5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5900N 4815W to
5820N 4520W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5027N 5948W to Newfoundland near 4936N 5753W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 21 March 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Banquereau.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday departing ridge located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NDT 21 March 2023 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings are ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: