East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 25 May 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming west 15 Thursday morning. Wind veering to north 20 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5146N 5617W to
Newfoundland near 5133N 5605W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5043N 5606W to
5030N 5330W to 5457N 5211W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 4:11 PM EDT 24 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4640N 4700W to 4720N 4545W to 4845N 4545W to 5110N
4715W to 5715N 5040W to 5620N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 25 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the northern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over western Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located over Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: