East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 06 July 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 knots backing to south 20 this afternoon then to southeast 15 to 20 near midnight except southeast 25 over southern sections overnight. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of rain and fog patches overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 July 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5743N 6141W to 5800N 6037W
then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 5:39 PM EDT 5 July 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4729N 5246W to 4845N 5110W to 5300N 4830W to 5655N 5015W to 5750N
4640W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5834W to Newfoundland near 5015N 5733W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northwest of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 6 July 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 1002 mb located over eastern Labrador
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 1004 mb located over eastern
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 1004 mb located over Maine.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Thursday low 1003 mb located over the Southwest
Coast of Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: