East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 26 March 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 20 Wednesday morning.
Flurries ending Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 4 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5100N 4930W
to 5400N 4930W to 5545N 5315W to 5620N 5600W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4110N 5140W to 4045N 4920W to 4615N 4145W to 5020N
4050W to 5620N 5315W to 5630N 5335W to 6000N 5830W to 6120N 5600W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5037N 5928W to Newfoundland near 4942N 5754W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 26 March 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the Strait of Belle
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing trough located east of Funk
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM NDT 26 March 2019 A trough over the Strait of Belle Isle will cross the northern marine
district tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies will continue over
northern waters in the wake of this feature.
A trough over the Southern Grand Banks will move to lie southeast of
the district Wednesday morning. Strong to gale force northeasterlies
will develop north of this feature Wednesday morning.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Belle Isle Bank and the Southern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Strait of Belle Isle, South Coast,
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, and the Southern Grand
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: