East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 19 September 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 35 knots diminishing to northwest 30 near noon then veering to north 25 early this evening. Wind diminishing to north 15 late overnight and to light Sunday evening.
Rain ending this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 July 2020 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5549W to 5130N 5000W to 5430N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N
5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5120N 5636W to the Labrador coast near 5133N 5648W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and southIssued 10:00 AM NDT 19 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 19 September 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 1002 mb located over southwestern Funk
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing low 1003 mb located northeast of
Funk Island Bank.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Sunday departing trough located southeast of
the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday building ridge located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:58 AM NDT 19 September 2020 A low pressure system over Southwestern Funk Island Bank will move to
lie east of the district this afternoon. Strong to gale force
southerlies south of its track shift to strong to gale force
northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast, Funk Island Bank - southern half, and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: