East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 04 October 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 to 20 knots this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 3 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5007N 5609W to 5005N 4745W to 5200N 4745W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 4 October 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over the Torngat Mountains.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM NDT 4 October 2022 A ridge of high pressure will remain quasi-stationary over the Grand
Banks as a trough of low pressure moves across the Labrador Sea
today. Strong to gale force southwesterlies can be expected between
these two features throughout the forecast period.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: