East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NST 16 January 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late this evening then becoming light late overnight. Wind light Wednesday.
A few flurries ending late overnight.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5325W to
Newfoundland near 4900N 5340W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5420W to
4945N 5430W to 4940N 5450W to Newfoundland near 4930N 5510W. Sea ice
south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5040N 5610W to 5120N
5350W to 5255N 5315W to 5800N 5815W then northeastwards. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 January 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5400N 5718W to 5430N 5300W to 5700N 5500W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 16 January 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight deepening low 1007 mb located east of
Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday departing low 999 mb located northeast
of the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight dissipating ridge located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight high located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Wednesday high located over the northern Grand
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM NST 16 January 2018 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, Northeast Coast, and
Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: