East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NDT 14 April 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 25 knots except northeast 15 to 20 over northern sections tonight and Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 April 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4958N 5530W to 5124N 5355W
to 5419N 5139W to 5619N 5637W to 5803N 5748W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:04 PM EDT 13 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4725N 5245W to 4730N 5030W to 5120N 4835W to 5500N 5100W to 6030N
5830W to 6120N 5310W to 5825N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 Apr estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5126N 5701W to Newfoundland near 5102N 5654W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 14 April 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 995 mb located south
of Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM NDT 14 April 2021 An area of low pressure will remain nearly stationary just southwest
of the district today and then begin to drift slowly eastward on
Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds over southwestern
waters will persist today and Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast and Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: