East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NST 22 January 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 to 20 knots this evening and to northeast 25 near midnight. Wind backing to northwest 30 overnight then diminishing to west 20 Thursday afternoon.
Snow tonight and Thursday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 6 rising to minus 1 near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4920N 5210W
to 5025N 5520W to 5155N 5330W to 5500N 5400W to 5655N 5700W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 1011 mb located southwest of the
By 10:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 996 mb located over the eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:56 AM NST 22 January 2020 A low pressure system will approach from the southwest today and
cross extreme southeastern waters tonight. Gale to storm force
northeast to northwesterlies are expected to develop in its wake
tonight and Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Northern Grand Banks and Southeastern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are
in effect for Funk Island Bank - southern half and Southwestern Grand
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, East Coast - north
of Cape St. Francis, Northeast Coast, and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: