East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 18 September 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots increasing to south 30 late this evening and to south 40 late overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 30 near noon Saturday then veering to north 25 early Saturday evening.
Rain and fog patches ending Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 July 2020 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5549W to 5130N 5000W to 5430N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N
5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5120N 5636W to the Labrador coast near 5133N 5648W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and southIssued 8:00 PM NDT 18 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 18 September 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1004 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday low 1003 mb located northeast of Funk
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight warm front located from the low to Funk
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday departing warm front located northeast
of Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM NDT 18 September 2020 A low pressure system approaching from the southwest is forecast to
track over the Avalon Peninsula on Saturday morning before moving off
to the east of the district by Saturday evening. Strong to gale force
southerlies will develop to the south of its track with strong to
gale force northerlies to its north.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Coast, East Coast, Funk Island Bank - southern half, and the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: