East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 10:00 AM NST 27 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 knots increasing to south 35 near noon then diminishing to southwest 20 this evening. Wind veering to west 10 to 15 late overnight except northeast 20 over northern sections Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Rain and fog patches ending this evening. Flurries Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5030N 5235W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5330N 5245W to 5500N 5306W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East CoastIssued 10:00 AM NST 27 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
Gulf - Port au Port.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Tuesday trough located from Funk Island Bank to
At 10:00 a.m. NST today cold front located on a line north-south
over the Southwest Coast of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing cold front located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 992 mb located over the Gulf of
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing low 988 mb located east of Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM NST 27 January 2020 A trough of low pressure over Gulf - Port au Port will extend
northeastward across Newfoundland today. Strong to gale force
northeasterlies can be expected to the north of this feature
throughout the forecast period.
Meanwhile, a cold front will move across the southern marine district
today and tonight. Strong to gale force southerlies can be expected
ahead of the cold front with moderate to strong westerlies in its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Northeast Gulf - southeastern half, gulf - port au
Port - southeastern half, and Southwest Coast.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, and Gulf - Port au
Port - northwestern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: