East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 20 April 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 30 knots tonight and Saturday.
Periods of rain and fog banks ending near midnight.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 20 April 2018
Tonight and Saturday. Seas 3 to 5 metres.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 20 April 2018
Sunday Wind west 25 knots.
Monday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Tuesday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4730N 4915W
to 4830N 4855W to 4940N 5120W to 5320N 5210W to 5630N 5830W to 5800N
5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4515W to 4815N
4515W to 5100N 4715W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 26 to 50 icebergs north of the iceberg
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 20 April 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 995 mb located over the Southwest
Coast of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 990 mb located over southeastern
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM NDT 20 April 2018 A low pressure system over the Southwest Coast will track across
Newfoundland tonight and then stall over the Belle Isle Bank on
Saturday. Strong to gale force southwesterlies to the east of its
track will shift to strong northerlies to southwesterlies over all
waters in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Southwest Coast - Ramea and east.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: