East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NST 21 January 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots backing to west 20 this morning then veering to northwest 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light overnight. Wind light Wednesday.
Flurries this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning this morning and ending near midnight.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4920N 5210W
to 5025N 5535W to 5155N 5330W to 5520N 5435W to 5655N 5700W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East CoastIssued 03:00 AM NST 21 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located south of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday ridge located on a line east-west over
At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday departing trough located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST Wednesday approaching low 1012 mb located southwest
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM NST 21 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: