East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 15 October 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 25 knots and locally gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 after midnight then increasing to northwest 25 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 8 July 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 15 October 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5546W to 5245N 5430W to 5430N 5300W to 5530N 5300W to
5800N 5700W to 5835N 5720W to 6005N 5255W to 5650N 5130W to 5735N
4645W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 15 October 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 978 mb located near the Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 981 mb located east of the Marine
At 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday approaching ridge located on a line
north-south over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM NDT 15 October 2021 A low pressure system just east of the Northern Grand Banks will
continue moving east of the marine district tonight. Over eastern
waters, gale force northerly to westerly winds will diminish tonight
as the low moves away. Over northern waters, strong to gale force
northerlies will persist through Saturday in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle
Bank, Northern Grand Banks, and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: