East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
Issued 03:00 AM NST 29 February 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to west 15 early this morning and to light this evening. Wind increasing to east 15 to 20 overnight and to east 25 Sunday morning.
Flurries ending this afternoon. Snow Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 5045W
to 5055N 4900W to 5515N 5245W to 5615N 5615W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4725N 5242W to 4625N 4625W to 4855N 4615W to 5400N 4930W to 6000N
5900W to 6220N 5500W to 5800N 4700W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5137N 5641W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5629W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 29 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over the Great Northern Peninsula.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday approaching trough located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM NST 29 February 2020 A trough of low pressure oriented on a line east-west over the Great
Northern Peninsula will remain nearly stationary today and tonight.
Strong to gale force westerlies to the south of the trough will
gradually diminish by overnight tonight as the trough weakens.
Another trough of low pressure approaching from the southwest
Will align itself to lie east - west over the Southern Grand Banks by
late in the day on Sunday. Strong to gale force east to
northeasterlies will develop tonight to the north of the trough.
Strong to gale force westerlies will develop south of the trough on
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis, Funk Island Bank and the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: