Issued 08:00 PM NST 12 November 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots and locally gusts to 45 along the coast tonight. Wind becoming south 35 Wednesday morning then diminishing to west 25 Wednesday evening.
Showers and fog banks Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 November 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5330N 5950W to Labrador
near 5335N 6005W. Sea ice southwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5915N 6325W to 6020N
6415W to Labrador near 6025N 6425W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 12 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5545W to 5100N 5200W to 5100N 4830W to 5200N 4730W to
5530N 5400W to 6100N 5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 12 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 12 November 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 997 mb located south of Anticosti
By 8:00 p.m. NST Wednesday deepening low 973 mb located over
central Labrador Coast.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM NST 12 November 2019 A low pressure system south of Anticosti Island will move to lie over
the Labrador Sea by Wednesday evening. Strong to gale force east to
northeasterly winds can be expected over northern and western waters
this evening ahead of the low. Winds will shift to strong to gale
force southerlies tonight as the low passes before spreading across
all waters on Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: