Issued 03:30 PM NDT 17 October 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southeast 15 Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 8 July 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 October 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5546W to 5245N 5445W to 5415N 5245W to 5500N 5245W to
5800N 5700W to 5835N 5720W to 6005N 5255W to 5650N 5130W to 5735N
4645W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 17 October 2021 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Monday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Cabot Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM NDT 17 October 2021 A trough of low pressure approaching from the southwest will move
slowly across the Maritimes tonight and Monday to lie over the Cabot
Strait by Monday evening. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will
develop tonight and Monday as the trough approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf - Port au Port, Southwest Coast, South Coast, and Southwestern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: