Issued 10:00 AM NDT 19 July 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 20 knots and locally southwest 30 along the coast late this morning and this afternoon. Wind diminishing to south 10 to 15 near noon Friday.
Showers and fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 July 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5800N 6210W to 5830N 6105W
then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 July 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4724N 5244W to 4715N 4615W to 4800N 4515W to 5230N 4800W to 5700N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5045N 5901W to Newfoundland near 5007N 5740W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 19 July 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over central Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located over the Avalon Peninsula.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: