Cabot Strait - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 18 July 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots increasing to south 25 this morning then veering to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind diminishing to northwesterly 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind northwesterly 10 to 15 Thursday.
Showers beginning this morning and ending overnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog banks dissipating overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 July 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4724N 5242W to 4715N 4700W to 4800N 4600W to 5230N 4830W to 5700N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5055N 5859W to Newfoundland near 5015N 5733W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot Strait - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 18 July 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 18 July 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from Quebec to the Gulf
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday trough located from Labrador Sea to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: