Cabot Strait - southern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 30 March 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind north 20 to 25 knots diminishing to east 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Flurries beginning overnight becoming showers or flurries Tuesday morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice except 7 tenths grey-white ice including 2
tenths first-year ice along parts of the coast of Cape Breton.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:35 PM EDT 30 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4600N 5205W to 4445N 4700W to 4600N 4450W to 5030N
4400W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 March 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating ridge located over New
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1002 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 994 mb located south of East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM ADT 30 March 2020 A low pressure system just south of Georges Bank this evening will
move slowly to lie south of East Scotian Slope by Tuesday evening.
Strong to gale force east to northeast winds are expected ahead
And north of the low. Also over the southeastern half of
Anticosti marine region strong to gale force northeast winds
Are expected to develop overnight tonight and continue through
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope and
Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: