Cabot Strait - northern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 18 September 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeasterly 30 knots diminishing to northeast 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 September 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4804N 5255W to 4815N 4800W to 5300N 4800W to 5800N 5700W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5142N 5625W to Newfoundland near 5128N 5614W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot Strait - northern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 18 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 18 September 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from the Bay of Fundy to
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located from Georges Bank to
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 1003 mb located over Browns Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low located over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM ADT 18 September 2018 A trough of low pressure extending from the Bay of Fundy to
Banquereau will slowly slide southward today to lie over the southern
slope waters Wednesday morning. Strong southwesterly winds ahead of
the trough will increase to strong to gale force northeasterlies in
its wake. Additionally, a low will track across southern marine
waters tonight and Wednesday. Strong southwesterlies are expected
south of the low with strong to gale force northeasterlies north of
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Gulf-Magdalen northern half, Chaleur-Miscou eastern half
and Anticosti southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: