Cabot Strait - northern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 17 October 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots with gusts to 35 in the Wreckhouse area. Wind becoming southeast 35 near midnight with gusts to 55 in the Wreckhouse area. Wind becoming southeast 40 early Monday morning with gusts to 65 in the Wreckhouse area. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Monday afternoon.
Rain overnight and Monday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 October 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5546W to 5245N 5445W to 5415N 5245W to 5500N 5245W to
5800N 5700W to 5835N 5720W to 6005N 5255W to 5650N 5130W to 5735N
4645W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot Strait - northern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 17 October 2021 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to West Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday trough located from Anticosti Island to
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:19 PM ADT 17 October 2021 A trough of low pressure will continue to cross the marine district
from west to east tonight into Monday. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies are forecast to spread across the district ahead of
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Waterspouts are likely to develop Monday afternoon for Georges Bank
and West Scotian Slope. They are likely to expand eastward into East
Scotian Slope on Tuesday. They may produce intense and highly
variable wind gusts.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: