Cabot Strait - northern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 04 July 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 near midnight. Wind southeast 15 Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 4 July 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4550N 5335W to 4550N 5150W to 4710N 4445W to 4845N
4420W to 5400N 4840W to 5900N 5730W to 6110N 5330W to 5710N 4600W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5120N 5824W to Newfoundland near 5024N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot Strait - northern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 04 July 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 4 July 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1006 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 1006 mb located over the southern
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1009 mb located over northern New
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday weakening low 1012 mb located over the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: