Issued 03:00 AM ADT 16 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming east 10 to 15 knots this evening except east 20 to 25 over southern sections Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 15 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5247W to 5150N 4820W to 5555N 5045W to 5700N 5330W to 5850N
5550W to 5945N 5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5842W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5720W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 16 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1010 mb located east of Cape Hatteras.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1008 mb located southwest of Georges
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough from 1006 mb low located from
Georges Bank to Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough from 1006 mb low located from
Lurcher to Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM ADT 16 August 2022 A low pressure system approaching from the southwest will give strong
to gale force easterlies to southern and western waters today into
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: