Issued 03:00 AM ADT 19 August 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southerly 15 to 20 this afternoon and to southerly 20 to 25 near midnight. Wind veering to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday morning then becoming northwesterly 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers beginning near midnight and ending Tuesday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms Tuesday morning and afternoon. Fog patches forming Tuesday morning and dissipating Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5032N 5620W to 5015N 4820W to 5400N 4810W to 5700N 5430W to 6135N
6000W to 6330N 5700W to 5900N 4805W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5027N 5726W to Quebec near 5109N 5838W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 19 August 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:34 AM ADT 19 August 2019 Today At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low located southeast of
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located from Newfoundland to the
Gulf of Maine.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located southwest of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low located southwest of Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: