Issued 08:00 PM ADT 08 August 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to east 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind veering to southeast 25 Tuesday morning then backing to northeast 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain overnight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:27 PM EDT 8 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4712N 5252W to 5115N 4820W to 5555N 5055W to 5700N 5330W to 5930N
5640W to 6025N 5155W to 5820N 4655W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5044N 5924W to Newfoundland near 4957N 5741W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 8:00 PM ADT 08 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 8 August 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1007 mb located near the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1006 mb located near Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: