Issued 08:00 PM ADT 04 June 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots veering to east 15 near midnight then increasing to east 20 to 25 near noon Monday.
Periods of drizzle changing to periods of rain Monday evening. Fog patches.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 04 June 2023
Tonight and Monday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 Monday evening.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 04 June 2023
Tuesday Wind east 35 knots diminishing to southeast 20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday Wind southeast 20 knots.
Thursday Wind east 10 to 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:26 PM EDT 4 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4610N 5345W to 4635N 4700W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Cabot StraitIssued 8:00 PM ADT 04 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 4 June 2023 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the southwestern
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday trough from 997 mb low located from LaHave
Bank to East Scotian Slope.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the northern Gulf of
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday weakening ridge located over the Strait
of Belle Isle.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: