Issued 03:00 AM ADT 18 September 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 15 near noon then increasing to northerly 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to north 25 near midnight then diminishing to north 15 Saturday evening.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5550W to 5130N 4800W to 5330N 4730W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N
5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5120N 5636W to the Labrador coast near 5133N 5648W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 18 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 18 September 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the eastern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located southwest of Georges
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1005 mb located over East Scotian
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday low 1002 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM ADT 18 September 2020 A low pressure system will travel up the trough currently lying over
the eastern marine district today, bringing gale force
southwesterlies to southernmost slope waters tonight and early
Saturday morning, and moderate to strong northerlies elsewhere.
Marine interest are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half, West Scotian Slope - southern half,
East Scotian Slope - southeastern half, Banquereau - southeastern
half and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: