Issued 08:00 PM ADT 16 August 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 30 knots increasing to northeast 35 late overnight then diminishing to northeast 20 to 25 near noon Wednesday. Wind diminishing to variable 15 early Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming early Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:45 PM EDT 16 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4956N 5531W to 5125N 5145W to 5325N 4845W to 5555N 5045W to 5700N
5330W to 5850N 5550W to 5955N 5240W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5842W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5720W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Browns BankIssued 8:00 PM ADT 16 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 16 August 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1009 mb located southwest of the
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low 1005 mb located west of Lurcher.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough from 1007 mb low located from
Georges Bank to Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough from 1006 mb low located from
Lurcher to Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM ADT 16 August 2022 Gale force easterlies over southern and western waters will continue
tonight as a low pressure system approaches from the southwest.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: